LAP003: Proz.com – 101│تعرف إيه عن موقع بروز؟
You are an experienced freelance translator and you would like to scale up your business? Hurray! This episode is recorded for you because I will be shedding some light on one of the well-known freelancing websites for language service providers all over the world, ProZ.com. With ProZ, you can increase your visibility, searchability, and sales of language services. And not only that, but you can add HUGH VALUE to your professional career. In this episode, I am dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s of this platform and how to stand out from the crowd. This podcast episode is not a quickie, and it is absolutely packed with valuable tips and tactics that will help you start successfully on ProZ. So plug in your headset and turn up the speakers.
Useful topics I discussed in this episode:
– An overview of ProZ website;
– Why ProZ is different from any other freelancing websites;
– How to get started at ProZ.com;
– Different types of memberships and how paid membership matters;
– A quick overview of profile creation and what you should focus on;
– A bunch of advice on how to enhance your ranking on ProZ as a freelance LSP;
– Best practices to hunt for language-related projects;
– What is KudoZ Community and the best practices to stand out?;
– KudoZ Help Network and how to make use of terminology and glossaries;
– Opportunities to learn through webinars, training courses, articles, etc;
– ProZ Certification and why it is important for freelancers and LSPs.
Translators without Borders (TWB) envisions a world where knowledge knows no language barriers. The US-based non-profit provides people access to vital knowledge in their language by connecting humanitarian and international development organizations with a community of language professionals, building local language translation capacity, and raising awareness of language barriers. Originally founded in 1993 in France (as Traducteurs sans Frontières), TWB translates millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.