LAP002: Translate & Grow Rich│هل مجال الترجمة مربح؟ ولمين؟
Is a potential shift to the translation career profitable? When should a freelance translator scale up his/her business in language services? Is the translation career profitable for all? I am really excited to do this episode and to have a conversation about the nitty-gritty of actually building a successful and sustainable translation business. In this episode, I’ll give you a recipe for making this career profitable.
Useful takeaways in this episode:
– Some figures about the size of the translation market;
– A quick overview of local and global rates;
– What is scalability? and when to scale up your translation business;
– A quick look at a freelancer’s cost structure;
– What is productivity? And how it is essential for a profitable business;
– What is meant by translation business sustainability?
– The success triangle of this competitive industry;
I’d love for you to share this episode and your takeaways, so be sure to tag me on Facebook /L10nAcademy and your translation community. Also, please make sure to give us a review in the ‘comments‘ section below.
Let’s dive in!
Translators without Borders (TWB) envisions a world where knowledge knows no language barriers. The US-based non-profit provides people access to vital knowledge in their language by connecting humanitarian and international development organizations with a community of language professionals, building local language translation capacity, and raising awareness of language barriers. Originally founded in 1993 in France (as Traducteurs sans Frontières), TWB translates millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.